Group Psychotherapy based on Irvin Yalom’s existential approach of the “Here and Now”.
Group psychotherapy is a form of psychosocial treatment where a small group of clients meet regularly to talk, interact, and discuss problems with each other and the group leader(s) (therapists). Group therapy attempts to give individuals a safe and comfortable place where they can work out problems and emotional issues. Patients gain insight into their own thoughts and behavior, and offer suggestions and support to others.
In addition, patients who have a difficult time with interpersonal
relationships can benefit from the social interactions that are a basic
part of the group therapy experience. Group therapy has the same goals
as individual therapy, but achieves them through different means.
Irvin Yalom, pioneer in the development of group psychotherapy, identified 12 factors that influence the processes of change and recovery among group therapy clients:
- Universality - feeling of having problems similar to others, not alone
- Altruism - helping and supporting others
- Instillation of hope - encouragement that recovery is possible
- Guidance - nurturing support & assistance
- Imparting information - teaching about problem and recovery
- Developing social skills - learning new ways to talk about feelings, observations and concerns
- Interpersonal learning - finding out about themselves & others from the group
- Cohesion - feeling of belonging to the group, valuing the group
- Catharsis – release of emotional tension
- Existential factors – life & death are realities
- Imitative behavior – modeling another's manners & recovery skills
- Corrective recapitulation of family of origin issues – identifying & changing the dysfunctional patterns or roles one played in primary family
For further information regarding days and time schedules of the groups please contact us.
Όσο και αν ακούγεται αντιφατικό, πολλές φορές οι άνθρωποι…
Είναι βέβαιο ότι στα θέματα των προσωπικών σχέσεων, κανένας…
Η οικονομική κρίση που βιώνουμε έχει αποτελέσει μια σοβαρή…